If you’re interested in knowing all there is to know about your tooth enamel, then our dentist, Dr. Sheldon Sullivan, is more than happy to help you. The more you know about your tooth enamel, the better chance you have of properly and effectively caring for it, which is essential for a top-notch smile. So, to give you the information you need, our dentist is happy to share the following tooth enamel facts:
- Tooth enamel is the outer shell of your teeth. It is the strongest tissue in the human body.
- Unfortunately, it is possible to damage or change the tooth enamel. Acid and bacteria tend to attack the tooth enamel, wear it down and promote dental issues, like enamel erosion and cavities. Dark beverages and foods can also change the tooth enamel by staining it.
- Fortunately, you can repair your tooth enamel with dental restorations that your dentist provides. Some treatments that can help include dental fillings, inlays and onlays and dental crowns.
- Fluoride can make your tooth enamel a tough, resilient shell by hardening it.
- It’s best to protect your tooth enamel by exposing it to fluoride regularly, protecting it with dental sealants and avoiding sugary, high-carbohydrate and acidic foods and drinks.
To learn more about tooth enamel in Gilbert, Arizona, please contact Artistry in Dentistry today and talk to a member of our dental team. When you dial 602-492-9003, we will be more than happy to give you the information you need. We look forward to talking with you!